News

Vietnamese pangasius exports to the EU decreased by 19%

Seafood
Frozen Whole Catfish
Vietnam
Market & Price Trends
Published Nov 9, 2023

Tridge summary

Vietnamese pangasius exports to the EU experienced positive growth in September 2023, with a value of over $14 million USD, an 11% increase compared to the same period in the previous year. The Netherlands remains the leading importer of pangasius from Vietnam in the EU, with an increase of 9% in the third quarter of 2023. However, overall pangasius export turnover to the EU market in the first nine months of 2023 decreased by 20% compared to the same period last year, reaching $35 million USD.
Disclaimer: The above summary was generated by a state-of-the-art LLM model and is intended for informational purposes only. It is recommended that readers refer to the original article for more context.

Original content

According to the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers, after many months of decline, in September 2023, Vietnamese pangasius exports to the EU recorded positive growth again with a value of more than 14 million USD, an increase of 11% compared to with the same period last year. As of October 15, 2023, the EU market imported more than 134 million USD of pangasius from Vietnam The Netherlands is still the leading country in the European Union in importing pangasius from Vietnam with more than 10 million USD, an increase of 9% in the third quarter of 2023. In the third quarter of 2023, the Netherlands gradually recovered demand for Vietnamese pangasius compared to previous quarters, recording positive growth for the first time since the beginning of the year in July (up 13%) and September (up 13%). 26%), in August alone there was a slight decrease of 4%. However, in the first 9 months of 2023, export turnover to this market still decreased by 20% compared to the ...
Source: Vinanet
By clicking “Accept Cookies,” I agree to provide cookies for statistical and personalized preference purposes. To learn more about our cookies, please read our Privacy Policy.