News

Iran: Harvesting dates have started in the area of 3300 hectares of Nakhilat Karun

Fruits
Fresh Date
Iran
Market & Price Trends
Published Sep 27, 2023

Tridge summary

The Director of Karun Agricultural Jihad announced that the date harvesting operation in Karun city has begun and is ongoing. They expect to harvest more than 27,000 tons of dates this year, with an average production yield of 9 tons per hectare. About 70% of the crops in Karun are colonized varieties, while the rest are dedicated to different varieties.
Disclaimer: The above summary was generated by a state-of-the-art LLM model and is intended for informational purposes only. It is recommended that readers refer to the original article for more context.

Original content

In an interview with ISNA, Jabar Hammadi, referring to the beginning of date harvesting in Karun city, said: This city has 3,300 hectares of cultivated land, and the harvesting operation of these lands has started and is ongoing. He stated that we expect the average production yield of dates in Nakhilat of Karun city to be 9 tons per hectare, adding: We expect to harvest more than 27,000 tons of dates this year from Nakhilat of the city. The Director of Karun Agricultural Jihad said about the varieties that can be harvested in this city: about 70% of Karun's crops are colonized varieties and the other 30% are dedicated to Barhi, Brim, Zahedi, and Deiri varieties, respectively. Hammadi continued: Harvesting of dates from Nakhilat in the city continues until the end of October, and now ...
Source: Isna
By clicking “Accept Cookies,” I agree to provide cookies for statistical and personalized preference purposes. To learn more about our cookies, please read our Privacy Policy.