Key factors that determine the prices of pineapple
- Peak season of pineapple provides sufficient supply which lower prices
- Types or varieties of pineapple
- Higher class pineapples are pricier compared to low class pineapple
- Excellent quality pineapple could provide higher prices
- Period of higher consumption such as year-end holidays
- Pineapple is a tropical plant with edible multiple fruit consisting of coalesced berries, named for resemblance to the pine cone. Pineapple is the most economically important plant in the Bromeliaceae family.
- Pineapple may be consumed fresh, canned, juiced, and are found in a wide array of food stuffs - dessert, fruit salad, jam, yogurt, ice cream, candy, and as a complement to meat dishes.
- Pineapple is rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and enzymes that is good for the digestive system and helps in maintaining ideal weight and balanced nutrition.