Smooth Cayenne (Hawaiian)
- fruit is large; cylindrical, brownish yellow, flat eyes not prominent medium deep, flesh yellowish, very juicy, sweet, slightly fibrous, aromatic, rich flavor and excellent quality; medium core, fairly inedible; small crown; leaves are long, broad and generally spineless
- it is good for canning
- fruit is small, oblong, slightly tapering, color straw yellow with brown markings; eyes prominent, small and deep; flesh yellowish, tender, crispy, sweet, rich flavor and excellent quality, small core; and small to medium crown
- it is good for the table
Red Spanish (Native Philippine Red)
- fruit is small to medium, somewhat cone shaped and of medium quality
- eyes are relatively large, and when ripe has a bright, and clear red color
- fruit has no commercial value
- mature leaves of this variety are excellent raw material for piña fibers
- Pineapple is a tropical plant with edible multiple fruit consisting of coalesced berries, named for resemblance to the pine cone. Pineapple is the most economically important plant in the Bromeliaceae family.
- Pineapple may be consumed fresh, canned, juiced, and are found in a wide array of food stuffs - dessert, fruit salad, jam, yogurt, ice cream, candy, and as a complement to meat dishes.
- Pineapple is rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and enzymes that is good for the digestive system and helps in maintaining ideal weight and balanced nutrition.