News

The Spanish fruit and vegetable exports increase in volume and value, while imports have grown too

Fruits
Vegetables
Spain
Market & Price Trends
Published Mar 20, 2024

Tridge summary

In January 2024, Spain saw a 1% increase in the volume of fresh fruit and vegetable exports and a 6% increase in value compared to the same period in 2023, reaching 1.1 million tons and 1,750 million euros respectively. However, imports grew more significantly, with an 11% increase in volume and a 26% increase in value, totaling 345,185 tons and 390 million euros. Vegetable exports saw a rise of 6% in volume and 11% in value, while fruit exports fell by 4% in volume. Imports from Morocco, particularly of pepper, tomato, cucumber, mandarins, and strawberries, saw a substantial increase of 31%.
Disclaimer: The above summary was generated by Tridge's proprietary AI model for informational purposes.

Original content

Spanish exports of fresh fruits and vegetables in January of this year have increased by 1% in volume and 6% in value compared to January 2023, totaling 1.1 million tons and 1,750 million euros; while imports have grown at much higher percentages, 11% in volume and 26% in value, totaling 345,185 tons and 390 million euros, according to data from the Department of Customs and Excise made public yesterday by the Ministry of Economy, Commerce and Business. Vegetable exports in January 2024 stood at 649,958 tons, 6% more than in the same month of 2023, for a value of 1,025 million euros (+11%). As for fruits, sales abroad have been reduced by 4% in volume, totaling 514,374 tons, maintaining the same value, 725 million euros, highlighting the decline of oranges, with 17% less and 168,163 tons and red fruits, such as strawberries, with 21% less and 10,465 tons and raspberries, with 25% less and 4,847 tons. In Spanish imports for the month of January, vegetables have grown especially, ...
Source: Agrodigital
By clicking “Accept Cookies,” I agree to provide cookies for statistical and personalized preference purposes. To learn more about our cookies, please read our Privacy Policy.