On-the-Ground Updates

Paraguay's poultry and egg outlook

Chicken Egg
Gabon
Dan Kleiner
Published Sep 30, 2020
Currently, there are about 167 broiler farms operating in Paraguay. They supply the 8 largest slaughterhouses whose production rose from 36M birds slaughtered in 2009, to 71M in 2019.
Paraguay has an approximate annual production of 789M eggs, with a per capita/year consumption of 131 eggs. The country has a population of 7M people, a census of 4.5M laying hens, of which 2.5M are egg-producing hens and 1.5M are replacement chicks.
In relation to the market for broiler chickens slaughtered by the industry, private companies sell 95% of their production in the domestic market and export the remaining 5%.
As for these exports, more than half of the Paraguayan chicken exported ships to Russia, followed by Albania, Angola, Gabon and Vietnam, according to foreign trade data from January to July 2020.
By clicking “Accept Cookies,” I agree to provide cookies for statistical and personalized preference purposes. To learn more about our cookies, please read our Privacy Policy.