Mexican berry exports up by 12%

Updated Jul 13, 2022
As the export of berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.) continues to rise, the National Association of Berry Exporters estimates to exports up to 12 percent more berries and exceed 584,000 tons by the end of this year, as reported by Mural.According to Juan Jose Flores Garcia, the general director of Aneberries, as of June 16 there was a record of 386,894 tons exported as follows: blueberry 62,011 tons, raspberry 67,744 tons, strawberry 206,238 tons, and blackberry 50,900 tons.
In 2021, around 462,000 tons were exported.“In Jalisco (one of the states with the highest production) there are around 182,000 tons exported and I tell you, this is super important because it generates employment. We see it as a pillar of the development of the communities where the berries are being grown”, stated Flores Garcia.He explained that 95 percent of the berries are sent to the US, while the remaining 5 percent is divided into 37 countries, both in Europe, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.With the help of the federal government, they are requesting the opening of new markets, such as ...
By clicking “Accept Cookies,” I agree to provide cookies for statistical and personalized preference purposes. To learn more about our cookies, please read our Privacy Policy.