News

Cambodia’s cashew nut production and exports have both declined, and processing capacity needs to be improved

Raw Cashew Nut
Cambodia
Market & Price Trends
Published Dec 2, 2023

Tridge summary

Cambodia has reported a year-on-year decrease of 16.7% in cashew nut exports, with an export value of $831 million. The decline in production is attributed to falling prices and climate change, which has led to a reduction in the scale of planting. The majority of Cambodia's cashew nuts are exported as raw materials, with Vietnam processing and exporting the processed cashews to China.
Disclaimer: The above summary was generated by Tridge's proprietary AI model for informational purposes.

Original content

On November 29, the Cambodia Cashew Association released a report showing that in the first 10 months of this year, Cambodia exported more than 610,000 tons of cashew nuts to foreign markets, with an export value of US$831 million, a year-on-year decrease of 16.7%. The report also mentioned that Cambodia’s cashew nut production during the same period was 651,000 tons. Due to the lack of domestic processing facilities, a large part of it was directly exported to overseas markets. Uon Siloth, chairman of the Cambodian Cashew Association, said that the decline in production was due to falling prices and climate change. Farmers The scale of planting has been reduced, and the current cashew planting area in Cambodia is 700,000 hectares. The average price of dried cashews in Cambodia is between 1,700-1,900 US dollars/ton, while the cashew processing rate is only between 5-10%. The remaining 90% of fresh cashews are exported abroad as raw materials, mainly to Vietnam. Vietnam is ranked ...
Source: Guojiguoshu
By clicking “Accept Cookies,” I agree to provide cookies for statistical and personalized preference purposes. To learn more about our cookies, please read our Privacy Policy.